About our Advising Services
The Sul Ross State University Small Business Development Center provides education and no-cost business advising services to entrepreneurs and people wanting to start their own business. Our business advisors can help you with many facets of your small business. Confidentiality is guaranteed and a stipulation of our doing business with you. We can help:
- Develop and update business plans
- Identify sources of capital
- Set up recordkeeping systems and analyze financial records
- Identify foreign markets for products or services
- Conduct specialized research geared to specific needs of the business-owner
- Create marketing strategies and advertising campaigns
- Explore suitable ways to conform to government regulations
- Increase opportunities to sell to federal, state, and local governments
- Analyze statistical and demographic data
- And much more. Essentially, our services are tailored to fit your needs. We’re here to help!
About our Training Services
Classroom Training: Get the information you need to start, grow and manage your business by attending one of our no fee or low-cost workshops geared towards the small business owner’s experience. These seminars are generally taught in small classes of no more than 20 people allowing for personalized interaction between the SBDC instructor and attendees and providing opportunities to address individual questions. Our training topics range from basic start up knowledge to technical financial assistance, strategic planning, leadership, marketing and more.
View Current Classroom Training
Online Training: Online training that is easy to use, no-cost and available 24/7! Take advantage of our online training modules to improve your business acumen. There are over 29 modules to choose from!
View Online Training